Prenatal Breast Examination for Providers: Boylston, MA
Time & Location
About the Event
Prenatal breast examination is a crucial information point that is often missed because the skillset is quickly outdated, or not often taught. Offering patients anticipatory guidance about risks for low supply or breastfeeding difficulty postpartum can be extremely beneficial for both patient and clinician.
Learners will be able to:
- Identify the difference between glandular and adipose tissue
- List the potential outcomes of hypoplastic breast tissue
- Offer anticipatory guidance regarding macromastia and positioning techniques for breastfeeding
- Understand variances in breast and nipple anatomy and plan accordingly for best outcomes for breastfeeding
Bryna Sampey, IBCLC is a lactation consultant with lots of experience serving families and educating parents and providers. Her lecture style is engaging and enjoyable. This course will include models which will offer clinicians real skills to be able to immediately effect positive change in their practices.
9:00: Registration, coffee
1:00-2:30: Clinical Skills Practice (with models)
2:30-3:00: Q & A
This course has been approved for 6 L-CERPS (C1991172)
- General Registration$100$1000$0